Borrenthwaite Hall is situated in a superb location on an elevated plot overlooking panoramic views. The property is situated between the popular market towns of Hawes, Sedbergh and Kirkby Stephen making it an ideal location for people who want to live in the countryside but with ready access to plenty of local amenities.Originally a medieval manor house in the ownership of the Ewbank family from 1200 to 1974, the house was built in 1756 from the proceeds of the families plantations in Virginia.A further extension was then built in 1861 which coincided with the building of the railway. More recent history tells that it was sold to a publican in 1974 by the last remaining Ewbank.
The property comprises a substantial detached stone built country house, together with coach house with potential and 1.28 acres of gardens and grounds. It has been partly refurbished by the vendors. It offers significant potential to create an outstanding family residence (see attached report). An internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate this property, features such as traditional bee boles, an inset dovecot, earth closets and interior wall paintings are evident throughout.